TICA’s Thermal Insulation Apprenticeship consists of on and off the job training over four years.
During the first and second year the learner will visit the National Training Centre in Darlington for block periods of two weeks at a time to complete their Technical Certificate.
During the course the learner will complete the following framework of qualifications:
- L2 S/NVQ in Thermal Insulation
- L2 Technical Certificate in Thermal Insulation
- Functional skills English (England) if learner does not already have GCSE Grade C or above
- Functional skills maths (England) if learner does not already have GCSE Grade C or above
- Core skills ICT (Scotland) if learner has not completed this at school
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Asbestos Awareness
Normally the apprentice will complete the framework within the first 18 months of the course. They then spend the remainder of their apprenticeship working on site, gaining appropriate experience.
During training blocks in Darlington, we recommend learners stay at the nearby Blackwell Grange Hotel.
Check the training calendar for forthcoming sessions and opportunities to gain qualifications with TICA.